THE SHORT (Unofficial) VERSION
- Do not trust your life to an app, compass, paper map or any other single tool! Any GPS app or stand alone GPS device is only as good as the device Operating System, Cell Towers, Satellites and Location Services systems that provide the position information. Here’s My GPS and 911GPS are just tools, and like any tool in any survival situation, it could possibly fail. If you planning on putting yourself in a situation where your life could be endangered you need to have multiple back up systems in place but most importantly you need to have the training on how to use them. If you use the HMGPS system you agree to hold the company harmless if the app, your phone or any of the service providers are unable to provide usable location based information.
- Live Map Channels are Live Websitess so treat your HMGPS account like any live social media account.The beauty of the HMGPS system is that it divides live map channels into live websites. Your app and the entire HMGPS system is actually a mini website generator, therefore, your Map Channels are published to the internet and are accessible to anyone who has access to the internet including both the people you have friended or possibly even strangers, just like any Social Media Site. This makes using the HMGPS system easy for people that do not have any special software or application installed on their devices to view your maps. While we provide multiple ways for you to limit your exposure to unwanted viewers seeing your location and contact information, you must assume that any system could possibly be hacked and the best way to not share your location is to turn off location based services for all services including Google Maps when HMGPS is not in use. For Guest users of the HMGPS or 91GPS app or website, none of your contact information or photo is captured and therefore can not be shared. For HMGPS users that have created an account, your contact information and photo are displayed by default. If you don’t want your contact information or photo shared you can unselect those fields in the profile screen of HMGPS application or log out of your account and just use the guest default login.
- Your Saftey and Privacy are of Paramount Importance to us. We do not ever Sell or Share your location or contact information to third parties for any marketing purposes. We will use your contact information internally to let you if there is a problem or if we have new services and updates to tell you about. If contacted by emergency services we may share your location information for search and rescue but this will be handled on a case by case basis by a live person and never an automated system and only in life and death situations. If you are sharing your contact information in the HMGPS system, in either the Status Pop Up or Clue place-markers on live maps, then that information can be manually collected by a third party, one user at a time, and as you know, even password protection is only a speed bump for a persistent hacker. The HMGPS system has never been hacked but you have to assume that it will be at some time. If you don’t want your information shared then do not enter it into the HMGPS system or any other contact manager that has the potential to be exposed to the internet. You can still use HMGPS system in the guest mode and enjoy full privacy. Any credit card information you have entered in to the HMGPS system is handled by our payment gateways and not saved in our system and is NOT accessible by HMGPS administrators.
Emergency or Search and Rescue officials can contact us at toll-free 866-509-8326 or directly at 336-722-2278 or Cell 336-254-5494
Last modified: 8-16-17
The longer very Official and Legal version
- INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND STORE
In connection with our provision of the Service, we may collect and store the following information:
- Information You Provide‑ When you register an account (“Account”), we collect some personal information, such as your name, phone number, credit card or other billing information, email address, and/or home and business postal addresses. Here’s My GPS does not collect information from your account or websites and the pages you generate with the intent of selling or transferring any user information to third parties for the purpose of advertising or marketing to you.
- Files‑ We collect and store the files you upload, download, or access with the HERE’S MY GPS™ Service (“Files”). If you add a File to your HERE’S MY GPS™ Service that has been previously uploaded by you or another user, we may associate all or a portion of the previous File with your account rather than storing a duplicate.
- Log Data‑ When you use the Service, we automatically record information from your Device, its software, and your activity using the Services. This may include the Device’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, operating system, browser type, the web page visited before you came to our website, information you search for on our website, activities performed using our service, locale preferences, identification numbers associated with your Devices, your mobile carrier, date and time stamps associated with transactions, system configuration information, metadata concerning your Files, and other interactions with the Service.
- Widgets‑ “Widgets” may support functions that require you to disclose certain personally identifiable information based upon your choice of participation. This information is collected in many different ways such as: forms, surveys, contests, forums, subscribing or unsubscribing to mailings and correcting or updating personally identifiable information. This information is only used for the purpose for which it is collected. Forms which require sensitive information such as financial (credit card) information to process purchases for products or services are SSL encrypted to protect your sensitive information.
- USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Personal Information‑ In the course of using the Service, we may collect personal information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Information”). Personal Information is or may be used: (i) to provide and improve our Service, (ii) to administer your use of the Service, (iii) to better understand your needs and interests, (iv) to personalize and improve your experience, and (v) to provide or offer software updates and product announcements. If you no longer wish to receive communications from us, please follow the “unsubscribe” instructions provided in any of those communications, or update your Account settings information.
- Geo Location Information‑ Some Devices allow applications to access real-time location-based information (for example, GPS). Our mobile apps do not collect such information from your mobile device at any time while you download or use our mobile apps as of the date this policy went into effect, but may do so in the future with your consent to improve our Services. Some photos and videos you upload or store using our Services may contain recorded location information. We may use this information to optimize your experience. If you do not wish to share Files embedded with your geo-location information with us, please do not upload them. If you don’t want to store location data in your photos or videos, please consult the documentation for your audio/visual device to turn off that feature. Additionally, your Device’s settings may allow the collection and transmission of your Geo location data. Please consult your Device’s manufacturer or wireless or Internet service provider for information on how to adjust your Geo location settings. Also, some of the information we collect from a Device, for example IP address, can sometimes be used to approximate a Device’s location.
- Billing‑ Should you sign up for HERE’S MY GPS™ Services that include usage fees, we require your billing information in order to process the transaction. We will retain the last 4 digits of your credit card number and credit card type, so that you may identify the card used in the future. We do not store any other billing information, as this information is discarded after your transaction has been processed. If your Account is auto-renewing, a recurring subscription will be created at our payment gateway. Our payment gateway provider will store your billing information on their secure system for as long as necessary to carry out the terms of your Account. Should you cancel your Account, our payment gateway provider will immediately remove your billing information. All transactions are processed over an industry standard SSL/TLS connection, with a minimum of 128-bit encryption.
- INFORMATION SHARING AND DISCLOSURE
- Your Use‑ We will display your Personal Information in your profile page and elsewhere on the Service according to the preferences you set in your Account. Any information you choose to provide should reflect how much you want others to know about you. Please consider carefully what information you disclose in your profile page and your desired level of anonymity. You can review and revise your profile information at any time. We do not sell your personal information to third parties. We may also share or disclose your information with your consent, for example if you use a third party application to access your Account (see below). Certain features of the Service may allow you to make some of your information public. Public information may be broadly and quickly disseminated.
- Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement Requests; Protection of HERE’S MY GPS™’S Rights‑ We may disclose to third parties Files stored in your HERE’S MY GPS™ Account and information about you that we collect when we have a good faith belief that disclosure is reasonably necessary to (a) comply with a law, regulation or compulsory legal request; (b) protect the safety of any person from death or serious bodily injury; (c) prevent fraud or abuse of HERE’S MY GPS™ or its users; or (d) to protect HERE’S MY GPS™’s property rights. If we provide your Files to a law enforcement agency as set forth above, we may be required to remove HERE’S MY GPS ™’s encryption from the files before providing them to law enforcement. However, HERE’S MY GPS ™ will not be able to decrypt any Files that you encrypted prior to storing them on using our Service.
- Non-Private or Non-Personal Information‑ We may disclose your non-private, aggregated, or otherwise non-personal information, such as usage statistics of our Service.
- CHANGING OR DELETING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you are a registered user, you may review, update, correct or delete the Personal Information provided in your registration or Account profile at any time by changing your Account settings. If your Personal Information changes, or if you no longer desire our service, you may update or delete it by making the change on your Account settings, or by contacting us directly. Please note that in some cases we may retain copies of your Personal Information, primarily your contact information, to the extent necessary to protect our legal interests or document compliance with regulatory requirements. For questions about your Personal Information on our Service, please use the information provided in Section 10 below to contact us. We will respond to your inquiry within 30 days.
- DATA RETENTION
We will retain your Personal Information and/or Files for as long as your Account is active or as needed to provide you services. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services, you may delete your account. We may retain and use your Personal Information and Files as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. Consistent with these requirements, we will try to delete your Personal Information and Files quickly upon request. Please note, however, that there might be latency in deleting Personal Information and Files from our servers and backed-up versions might exist after deletion. In addition, we do not delete from our servers Files that you have in common with other users.
- BUSINESS AND INSTITUTIONAL USERS
If your HERE’S MY GPS ™ Account that is set up for business or institutional users, your Administrator may be able to:
access information in and about your Account;
disclose, restrict, or access information that you have provided or that is made available to you when using your Account; and/or
control how your Account may be accessed or deleted.
Please refer to your organization’s policies if you have questions about your Administrator’s rights.
- HERE’S MY GPS™ COMMUNITY
From time-to-time, our Service may offer publicly accessible community services such as blogs, forums, and wikis. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. Your posts may remain even after you cancel your account. For questions about your Personal Information on our Service, please use the information provided in Section 10 below to contact us.
HERE’S MY GPS ™ may include links to other third-party web sites or services whose privacy practices may differ from those of HERE’S MY GPS ™. If you submit information to any of those sites, your information is governed by their privacy statements. We encourage you to carefully read the privacy statement of any web site or service provider you visit.
You may be able to log in to HERE’S MY GPS ™ using sign-in services such as Facebook Connect or an Open ID provider. These services will authenticate your identity and provide you the option to share certain Personal Information with us such as your name and email address to pre-populate our sign up form. Services like Facebook Connect give you the option to post information about your HERE’S MY GPS ™ activities with to your profile page to share with others within your network.
The security of your information is important to us. When you enter sensitive information (such as a credit card number) on our order forms, we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL).
We follow generally accepted standards to protect the information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, or method of electronic transmission or storage is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we make efforts to ensure security on our systems.
If HERE’S MY GPS ™ learns of a security systems breach we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. By using HERE’S MY GPS ™ or providing Personal Information to us you agree that we can communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy and administrative issues relating to your use of those sites, products, and services. We may post a notice on our applicable web sites if a security breach occurs. If this happens, you will need a web browser enabling you to view the applicable web sites. We may also send an email to you at the email address you have provided to us in these circumstances.
If you have any questions about security on our website, you can use the information provided in Section 10 below to contact us.
- POLICY TOWARDS CHILDREN
Our Services are not directed to persons under 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with Personal Information without their consent, he or she should contact us. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with Personal Information, we will take steps to delete such information from our files. However, Students under the age of 13 may use HERE’S MY GPS ™ through special student Accounts created by their school’s teachers, provided the school or teacher has obtained prior signed parental consent from the Student’s parents or guardian(s).
We love to hear from our customers. For information about how to contact HMGPS, please visit the contact page on our web site, where you will find instructions for how best to direct your inquiry.
- CHANGES TO OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT